The most critical decision you’ll have to make when choosing an airbrush is whether it’s gravity or siphon fed. Gravity fed kits include a siphon feed tube and a trigger to control the spray.
Siphon fed kits include a trigger to control a mixer that mixes the paint and air.
Tip sizes and internal vs external mix are also important factors to consider. If you choose an airbrush with a standard tip, this will allow you to spray a wider variety of products.
If you decide on an airbrush kit with a dual action airbrush, you’ll be able to get more paint on brushstrokes.
For most projects, a dual action airbrush will be the best choice.
Our Top Picks
- Professional Master Airbrush Multi-Purpose Airbrushing System with 3 of Master Airbrushes best selling & user friendly airbrushes. Includes bonus Master Airbrush Quick Start Guide and Airbrush Resource Center access card.
- Master Airbrush Model TC-320 Cool Runner II superior performance powerful 1/5 hp single-piston compressor with two cooling fans that allow it to run much cooler for a longer continuous running time without overheating. Includes airbrush holder for 2 airbrushes.
- 3 Types of Master Airbrushes: Model G22 dual-action with a 1/3 oz. gravity feed fluid cup and 0.3mm tip, Model G25 dual-action with a 1/16 oz. gravity feed fluid cup and 0.2mm tip, plus a Model E91 single-action siphon feed with a 0.8mm tip and 2 - 3/4 oz. siphon bottles.
- U.S. Art Supply Primary Colors Water-Based Acrylic Airbrush Paint Kit (6 Colors in 1 oz. Bottles plus Reducer and Cleaner). 6 Opaque colors included: bright sapphire blue, grass green, bright yellow, bright red, deep black and white. Bonus double sided color mixing wheel and cleaning brush set.
- 30PSI Air Pressure Airbrush Kit：After continuous research and upgrading, in order to meet the needs of more professional, let the work achieve a better expression. The air pressure of the COSVII airbrush kit reaches 25-30psi and the maximum airflow reaches 8-10L. Compared with other similar airbrush gun on the market, our performance has been improved by 60%. Its air pressure has 3 levels (15psi/25psi/30psi), easy to operate, suitable for all beginners and students.
- Dual-Action Design: Compared with the traditional single-action design, our airbrush kit is more flexible and controllable, it can not only control the fluid by the end part of of the airbrush gun but also the pigment volume and air by the trigger on the airbrush pen. We also have more performance advantages waiting for you to discover.
- Complete and Professional Set: In addition to the airbrush gun, from use to cleaning, our package contains almost all the accessories you need to use, you don't need to spend extra time and money to find other things, which brings more convenience.
- Multifunctional Uses: Simple structure and easy to carry. For different usage scenarios, you can adjust different levels of air pressure, 15PSI is suitable for makeup, nail design, temporary tattoo; 25PSI is suitable for model coloring, shoes design, handicrafts; 30PSI is suitable for furniture coloring, car modification, street spray painting, ect. This airbrush kit is very versatile.
- You can use this air brush system set to start your airbrushing work immediately.Product include 12Pcs 10ml Airbrush paint,the air compressor,power supply,Gravitity feed airbrush,air hose,Airbrush cleaning kit.Abundant accessories can fully meet your requirements.one-time purchase complete airbrush kit,no need to spend extra time and money to buy other accessories and paints seprately,and avoid spending a lot of time debugging airbrush and paint.
- These airbrush colors are ready to spray professional grade water-based acrylic airbrush colors,all acrylic airbrush paint have outstanding airbrush flow characteristics.
- Multi-Purpose Gravity Feed Airbrush with a 0.3 mm Needle/Nozzle and a 7cc Gravity Feed Fluid Cup with lid for spraying fluid and cleaning easily.The spray effect is great,the spray gun is made of high-quality stainless steel with a precision nozzle(take care when take off it).Package comes with air brush cleaning kit
- The powerful DC air compressor is equipped with an adjustable pressure knob, which can be adjusted from 0 to 25 psi, allowing you to flexibly adjust the air pressure to achieve better results when using your airbrush.The air pressure parameters are not exaggerated,and the air compressor can support the use of gravity spray guns with a diameter of less than 1.0mm.Not only can be used for model coloring airbrush, but also for car paint spray guns.
- Oil-less piston, maintenance free, portable, quiet (47db), Built in carry handle-light
- Air flow 20-23L/Min, Autostart(3Bar)-Autostop(4Bar)
- Regulator with gauge, water trap and air filter,Pressure relief safety valve, overheat protector
- Basic Double-Action Gravity Feed Airbrush with 0.30mm Nozzle/Needle,6ft air hose,mini filter, cleaning brush & 5*Paints
- Professional Master Airbrush Airbrushing System with A Model G22 Multi-Purpose High Performance Precision Airbrush with A 1/3 Oz. Gravity Fluid Cup and A 0.3Mm Fluid Tip.
- Premium Master Airbrush High Performance 1/5 Hp Air Compressor with Air Filter Water Trap with Pressure Regulator Along with An Airbrush Holder For 2 Airbrushes.
- Includes Master Airbrushes Best Selling User Friendly and Versatile Gravity Feed Airbrush That'S Commonly Used For: Hobbies, Crafts, Auto Graphics, Temporary Tattoos, Cake Decorating, Fine Art, Nail Art and More!
- Great Starter Airbrush Kit For Beginners and Students, As Well As For Advanced Artists Since It Works Excellent For Most Airbrushing Applications and Also with Most Types of Paint Spray Media. Includes Bonus How-To-Airbrush Manual & Guide Booklet By Master Airbrush.
- Professional-grade: Kit features the PZ-260, a dual-action, internal-mix, premium-quality airbrush with a precision-crafted body for a balanced feel in the hand, along with a tight-tolerance head for creating extremely fine atomization with razor-sharp detail. Kit also comes with a quiet and efficient compressor designed for intermittent use that delivers 25 PSI.
- Precise control: Includes a pre-installed 0.3mm nozzle (tip) for creating spray patterns between hairline and 1 1/4". A needle backstop allows you to pre-set the trigger travel, helping produce consistent line widths.
- Ultra-compact design: This portable and lightweight oil-less airbrush compressor delivers excellent power for its size. Quiet and efficient, this mini compressor delivers 25 psi of air pressure (0.4 CFM) in an easily transportable package.
- Easy-to-use: Simple and compact and designed for both beginners and advanced users, this kit is ideal for models, crafts, auto & cycle graphics, taxidermy, photo retouching, t-shirts, murals, fine art & illustrations and more.
- 【2022 New Upgraded Multifunctional Airbrush Kit】Compared with other airbrush sets on the market, The upgraded airbrush kit brings you 25-30PSI air pressure and the highest airflow reaches 8-10L increase 65% in performance, it can also be stable after long time use. so you can use it to accomplish many professional needs.
- 【Multi-Function Design Airbrush Kit】The Manual-Action trigger controls both air and color, which allows changing the width of the line, the range of value, and the opacity of paint without stopping.The included 0.3 and 0.5mm nozzle allow this extremely versatile airbrush to be used for extra fine detail spray, overall spray or for 2" wide background spray.
- 【All-Powerful Accessories】 Abundant accessories can fully meet your requirements. one-time purchase of cost-effective kits, no need to spend extra time and money to buy other accessories. this airbrush set also includes professional airbrush cleaning kit keep clean at all time for airbrush gun.More than most cleaning kits on the market.
- 【High-end design makes Tplook more perfect】Made in high-quality precision components that enable the airbrush to work efficiently while providing exceptional atomization and accurate spray control. Easy fluid refills and easy cleaning.When the power is turned on, it is normal for air to appear, and the spray pen is pulled back to the spraying state.
- Professional Master Airbrush Multi-Purpose Airbrushing System with 3 of Master Airbrushes Best Selling and User Friendly Airbrushes. Includes Bonus Master Airbrush Quick Start Guide, Airbrush Resource Center Access Card, Double Sided Color Mixing Wheel and A Cleaning Brush Set.
- Master Airbrush Model Tc-320 Cool Runner Ii Superior Performance Powerful 1/5 Hp Single-Piston Compressor with Two Cooling Fans That Allow It To Run Much Cooler For A Longer Continuous Running Time without Overheating. Includes Dual Airbrush Holder.
- 3 Types of Master Airbrushes: Model G22 Dual-Action with A 1/3 Oz. Gravity Feed Fluid Cup and 0.3mm Tip, Model G25 Dual-Action with A 1/16 Oz. Gravity Feed Fluid Cup and 0.2mm Tip, Plus A Model E91 Single-Action Siphon Feed with A 0.8mm Tip and 2 - 3/4 Oz. Siphon Bottles.
- Master Airbrush Models G22 and G25 Are Commonly Used For: Hobbies, Crafts, Auto Graphics, Temporary Tattoos, Cake Decorating, Fine Art, Nail Art and More! They Work Excellent For Most Airbrushing Applications and Also with Most Types of Paint Spray Media.
- 【Upgraded Multifunction Airbrush Kit】 Compared with other airbrush sets on the market, The upgraded airbrush kit brings you 25-30PSI air pressure and the highest airflow reaches 8-10L increase 60% in performance, it can also be stable after long time use. so you can use it to accomplish many professional needs.
- 【Dual-Action Airbrush Kit】 Airbrush compressor comes with a double-action airbrush, it can not only control the fluid by the end part of of the airbrush gun but also the pigment volume and air by the trigger on the airbrush pen. The included 0.2 and 0.5mm nozzle allow this extremely versatile airbrush to be used for extra fine detail spray, overall spray or for 2" wide background spray.
- 【Advanced Technology & Quality】 Gocheer airbrush kit has superior powerful performance for painting and make-up. The air pump adopts The air pump adopts advanced case painting technology, which is shiny wear-resistant and gorgeous outlook. Is also a wonderful gifts for your family or friends.
- 【Easy to Use & Widely Used】 Whether it's a novice or a senior artist can easily master and use this airbrush kit, moreover there are many accessories to meet your professional needs. It's ideal for Airbrush, model coloring, painting, airbrush tattoos, nail design, Art drawing, cake decoration and much more! Meet your various professional needs!
- MULTI-PURPOSE - A high-performance airbrushing machine with 3 kinds of multipurpose fluid tips; An intelligent solution for spraying, inflating, painting and other airbrush operations
- WELL-EQUIPPED - Comes with a compressor-mounted airbrush holder that can accommodate two airbrushes; 1/5HP air compressor with air filter water trap delivers 23-25L/min airflow and 0.8cfm air volume; It is light-weight, compact and easy to carry around with the handle; It can be put on desktop or placed under the worktable
- PROFESSIONAL EFFECTS - Unique, well-crafted equipment provides top-notch painting performance; This airbrush system runs with continuous, powerful pressure and is designed to turn off automatically if the motor is close to overheating; Precise adjustment of airflow is provided to ensure clean and dry air
- STABLE PERFORMANCE - Secured by a classic piston framework, the pressures are steady and sufficient, designed to maintain a stable air output level; It is low-noise at 47-dB and oil-free
Can you airbrush if you cant draw?
Yes, you can airbrush if you can’t draw.
It’s not that hard. All you need is a can of spray paint and a few brushes. This is an extremely simple airbrush technique that lets you paint things that you have no artistic talent.
You simply need to get the paint from the can onto a brush. Then, just spray the paint onto your canvas or other surface.
How do you get good at airbrushing?
The most basic and essential airbrushing tip is to prepare yourself before each use.
You’ll also want to create a workstation where you can airbrush comfortably.
You’ll also need to achieve proper consistency..
As you paint, you’ll want to create an even layer of paint on your canvas.
Prepping your canvas is also important to get a good, even job..
So, you’ll need to hold your airbrush properly and get a steady, even spray.
Do you need a special air compressor for airbrush?
An airbrush gets its power from an airbrush compressor. An airbrush compressor provides the airflow that propels paint, ink, or dye out of the tip of the airbrush.
Simply put, the compressor gives an airbrush its mojo, so it’s important to buy the right one.
Most airbrush compressors can be used for other tools, such as an ink-jet printer and a spray gun. However, an airbrush compressor can only be used for an airbrush.
What should I look for in an airbrush kit?
In order to select an airbrush that is best for your needs, you will typically want to consider a few main factors. These include whether your airbrush will be gravity or siphon fed, the tip sizes included with your airbrush, internal vs external mix, and single vs dual action airbrushes.
In general, you want to pick an airbrush that has a very high tip count, for a variety of your projects.
What type of air compressor do I need for airbrushing?
For airbrushing, a piston compressor is usually the most common choice. It is usually more powerful than a diaphragm compressor and produces a higher volume of air. Piston compressors operate at relatively low noise levels, however, these noise levels vary between manufacturers.
If you’re concerned about noise, you could opt for a diaphragm compressor. Diaphragms also produce a higher volume of air and are quieter than piston compressors.
When purchasing a compressor, be sure to check the hose length and the type of paint you’d like to use.
Is airbrushing hard to learn?
An airbrush is an easy and fun way to add your own artistic flare to your DIY projects.
You can use airbrushes to add highlights and color to your designs, for special effects such as outlining or shading, and to create textures.
The airbrush is a good choice for artists who are just getting started with their artistic endeavors.
What should I look for when buying an airbrush?
In order to choose an airbrush that will be best for your project needs, you typically want to consider a few main factors. These include whether your airbrush will be gravity or siphon fed, the tip sizes included with your airbrush, internal vs external mix, and single vs dual action airbrushes.
In addition, you’ll also want to consider whether you’d like to have multiple airbrush tips, and whether you want to clean your airbrush on a regular basis.
Are airbrushes easy to use?
An airbrush is easy to use, provided you have the right equipment. For simple primer or base-coat application, all you need to do is pull the trigger.
As long as your primer or paint is thin enough, and your air pressure is calibrated, airbrushing primer and base coats is fail-safe. If you’re a beginner, though, don’t be afraid to pick up a few tips on airbrushing. You’ll want to know how to clean and maintain your equipment while you’re at it.
Can you airbrush with normal air compressor?
Yes, you can. With a few tips, you can airbrush with a normal air compressor.
The most important thing is to keep the compressor running smoothly and at the proper RPM.
You’ll need to get a compressor that can handle the pressure, as well as an airbrush with a good, tight fitting paint cup.
You’ll also need to have an airbrush with a clean, well-maintained line.
It’s best to start with an airbrush that has an air pressure gauge.
What size air compressor do I need for airbrushing?
When purchasing an air compressor, the main thing to consider is the output power, not the capacity. Most airbrushes produce less than 1 HP, with the majority having between 1/12 HP and 1/2 HP. For jobs in which you need a lot of air pressure, a compressor with at least a 1/6-HP output is desirable. Keep in mind that more HP means the compressor will be louder and larger.
What is the best air pressure for airbrushing?
When airbrushing t-shirts or other fabrics, start with a lower air pressure. Many printers can generate up to 65 PSI, but you may need to increase that pressure if you’re working with thin paper or fabric.
If you’re working with thick paper or fabric, start with a lower air pressure. If you’re airbrushing t-shirts or other fabrics, start with a lower air pressure. Many printers can generate up to 65 PSI, but you may need to increase that pressure if you’re working with thin paper or fabric.
What is the easiest airbrush to use?
The easiest airbrush to use is the Iwata-Medea Revolution CR Dual Action Gravity-Feed Internal Mix. It has a dual action feed mechanism that keeps the air pressure constant at all times so you don’t have to worry about air pressure fluctuation.
The Iwata-Medea Eclipse HP CS also has a dual action feed mechanism, but it’s a little more complicated. The Iwata-Medea Eclipse HP CS is generally considered to be the most powerful airbrush on the market.
Can I use a mini air compressor for airbrushing?
Yes! An air compressor is a great tool to have around the house. If you are looking to get into airbrushing, you can use an air compressor to create some great effects.
To start, make sure you are using the right equipment. The compressor you are using should have both a large tank and a small tank. The small tank should hold up to three liters of air.
You may also want to get a paint gun. A paint gun is the most common airbrushing tool.
Lastly, make sure you have the right airbrush to use.