While choosing the best airbrush gun for your project will vary, there are a few key features to consider. These include whether your airbrush will be gravity or siphon fed, the tip sizes included with your airbrush, internal vs external mix, and single vs dual action airbrushes.
Gravity Feed. These airbrushes are fed by gravity, meaning you should be able to find an airbrush that is gravity fed in almost any size and price point.
Tip Sizes: While gravity feed airbrushes come with a variety of different tip sizes, these sizes are standardized for most of them.
Internal Mix. These airbrushes can be fed by a mixture of air and paint. They are usually more powerful than siphon feed airbrushes, and they are usually made for smaller projects.
Single vs Dual Action: While dual action airbrushes are usually more expensive than single action airbrushes, they are also usually more powerful. In fact, some dual action airbrushes can be as powerful as gravity feed airbrushes.
Single Action vs Dual Action: Depending on your project, you may want to choose a single or dual action airbrush.
Our Top Picks
- 🎨RJ-Global Double Action Trigger Airbrush Kit, when using this spray gun, simple flipping the trigger to spray the perfect effect you want. Provides super atomization and incredible control.
- 🎨The airbrush has 3 tip sizes of jet needle; 2cc/5cc/13cc ink cup; 15-50 psi working pressure; No matter the thin line near the spray or the outline of the far spray, it is very handy, the atomization is very good, and the paint particles are very evenly dispersed, suitable for variety of spraying occasions. An air compressor is required that NOT included.
- 🎨Application Usage: This is a great versatile airbrush set designed for both beginners and professionals, ideal for hobbies, art creation, t-shirts, tattoos, nail art, makeup, car auto, cake, body painting, cover design, model making, and so on. You can use this spray gun anywhere you want.
- 🎨This lightweight spray gun is made of premium quality metal which for rust proof, durable, not easy to damage. Easy fluid refills and easy cleaning. And can create very detailed lines and soft gradient effects. Fine workmanship, complete accessories, simple operation.
- Basic Gravity feed Double-Action airbrush with 0.30mm nozzle& Needle(Mounted))
- Precisely control the air/paint mix, all metal construction,1/4 ounce(7ml) cup capacity
- Minimum Fine Lines 1mm or less with required skill level/ Largest Spray Patter is appx.0.13ft(40mm) distance
- Woking Pressure: 15-50PSI/Airflow: Over 10L/Min
- ✔️ High-quality Components Our automotive airbrush pens are better than other neo cn gravity feed dual action airbrush gun with compressor. We use only good quality metal for making our air brushes for cake decorating stay in a good condition for a long time
- ✔️Multi-Purpose Perfect airbrushes for hobbies, tattoos, painting, cake decorating, makeup, nails art and a lot more. Airbrush makeup gun and airbrush for nails is widely used in different beauty salons and pastry airbrush in bakeries around the world
- ✔️Components 2 cc ink cup can be filled with paint for nail airbrush machine and become an airbrush for painting or with edible ink - pastry spray gun for cake decorating 0.4mm needle/nozzle made of high quality metal which never eclipse and be shiny all the time
- ✔️Easy to use Our air brush gun blow pens spray all ink carefully so neo airbrush gun is easy to use beginner and master people. Has just one button to turn it on. Try to use airbrush hood with luminess airbrush makeup kit starter for your expression of art
- Condition: Brand new
- Dual-Action Trigger Control
- 0.3 mm Needle/Nozzle
- Gravity Feed: 7cc Fluid Cup with lid.
- Features a 0.35mm needle and drop-in self-centering nozzle combination comes with a large 1/3 oz gravity-feed cup
- Generous 1/3 oz sized cup is designed with a new funnel shape, which makes for easy clean up and more efficient paint flow
- The Eclipse CS sprays heavier acrylics and Medea Textile Colors, while maintaining high-detail spray characteristics
- Single cut-away handle
- Auto Airbrush & Battery Level Display: This single and dual action airbrush does not need a switch, just press the trigger to work, dual action mode is suitable for large area spraying work; single action mode is suitable for fine work, you can freely control the liquid output and release After the trigger is triggered, it will automatically stop working. In addition, the brand name on the bottom of the air compressor is used to display the battery power (white is full, red is low).
- Higher Air Pressure & Larger Airflow: The air pressure has increased by 80% compared with similar airbrushes on the market, it is higher up to 20-30PSI and the air flow reaches 8-10.5L, others are only 12-15PSI, 6L. The nozzle of this airbrush is only 0.4mm, so it can only spray watercolor pigments, inks and dyes, as well as properly diluted paint, NOTE:Please dilute acrylic paint with distilled water or or with good quality commercial thinners specifically made for acrylic paints.
- Faster Charging Tech & Longer Working Time: Compared with similar spray guns in the market, this product supports global fast charging protocol: 5-9V3A or above adapter charging time 20-30 minutes, 5V2A adapter charging 40-50 minutes, USB ordinary charging 1.2 hours, the power is not less than 90%, which can support you Work while charging
- New Structure Newly Upgraded & Use Widely: Stylish appearance and no openings in the body. Portable and small, easy to carry anywhere. 30PSI is specially designed for the field of airbrush painting: art painting, cake decoration, nail art, crafts, model coloring, illustrations, temporary tattoos, hobbies, etc. You can adjust the air volume by pressing the "black" button at the bottom of the air compressor.
- Double-Action Airbrush kit,The spray gun allows users to determine the quantity of air and paint released with simply fingers' moves. Easy to use and control
- The Airbrush Trigger has 0.3mm Needle inside; Cup Capacity:7cc & 10cc; N.W./G.W.: 222g/434g; Working Pressure:15-50psi;Need to work with air compressor that is not included
- Application:The SP166TH airbrush set has a variety of uses.Suitable for art painting, Model painting (car, bicycle, etc.),Temporary tattoos, nail,makeup,Cake decorating
- Made of high quality copper material and comes with Stainless steel needles. Exquisite workmanship, easy to operate. If have any Quality Issues of this Airbrush Gun, we guarantee 100% refund.
- 【32 PSI Highest Pressure】 The blocking pressure of our airbrush compressor is the highest in the handheld airbrush field which can be up to 32 PSI while others are only around 18-22 PSI. So it will be easier for you to spray some heavy paint or foundation. It's a good choice of air brushes for painting.
- 【Dual-Action Function】 Our portable airbrush comes with a double action trigger. We build an air valve in our airbrush. You can control paint and airflow separately with the trigger. When press the trigger down, compressor will turn on automatically and airflow will come out, then paint will come out when pull the trigger back. It will stop working automatically after releasing the trigger. This will make you can have a 30% longer working time compared with common rechargeable airbrushes kit.
- 【Two Connection Modes】 A braided air hose is provided in our cordless airbrush kit. Except connecting our portable compressor with the double action airbrush directly, you can also connect our compressor with the airbrush through the air hose. You will enjoy the great convenience when you are working.
- 【Wide Application】 The airbrush kit with compressor is suitable for beginners as well as for professional artists since its great performance for a variety of applications such as painting, model painting, makeup, cake decorating, temporary tattoo, nail beauty, facial care, car & helmet painting, T-Shirt painting, shoes painting, barber shop, etc.
- ✔️ High-quality Components Our air brushes for painting are better than other neo cn gravity feed dual action airbrush gun with compressor. We use only good quality metal for making our products stay in a good condition for a long time
- ✔️Multi-Purpose Perfect airbrush gun for hobbies, tattoos, painting, cake decorating, makeup, nails art and a lot more. Airbrush makeup gun and airbrush for nails is widely used in different beauty salons and pastry airbrush in bakeries around the world
- ✔️Components 2 cc ink cup can be filled with paint for airbrush gun and become an airbrush for painting or with edible ink - spray gun makeup 0.4mm needle/nozzle made of high quality metal which never eclipse and be shiny all the time
- ✔️Easy to use Our airbrush for nails blow pens spray all ink carefully so neo airbrush gun is easy to use beginner and master people. Has just one button to turn it on. Try to use makeup airbrush hood with luminess airbrush makeup kit starter for your expression of art
- 1.Made with High Quality Precision Components that enable this airbrush to work efficiently while providing exceptional atomization and accurate spray control.
- 2.Excellent for High Production Spray Environments due to it's Comfortable Feel.
- 3.The Solvent Resistant PTFE Needle Packing prolongs the airbrushes life; enables you to use of Solvent Based Automotive Paints: Urethanes, Lacquers and Enamels.
- 4.There are two kinds of connect ways, suitable for many kinds of compressor and spray machine, equipped with one small wrench, one paint cup, one straw, and one air inlet interface, the straw can inhale paint or other liquids.
Can you use regular paint in a spray gun?
You can use regular paint in a spray gun. Combine a half cup of water for every gallon of paint in a bucket and stir thoroughly to thin the consistency before using latex paint.
How do I choose the right airbrush?
In order to choose an airbrush that will be best for your project needs, you typically want to consider a few main factors. These include whether your airbrush will be gravity or siphon fed, the tip sizes included with your airbrush, internal vs external mix, and single vs dual action airbrushes.
First, what type of airbrush will you be using? Gravity-feed or siphon-feed?
A gravity-feed airbrush is one that has a reservoir that holds the air/airless mixture.
What kind of air compressor do I need for an airbrush?
The piston compressor is the most common choice for airbrushing. It is usually more powerful than a diaphragm compressor and produces a higher volume of air. Piston compressors operate at relatively low noise levels, however, these noise levels vary between manufacturers.
For example, a piston compressor may run at about 50 decibels, compared to a diaphragm compressor which may run at about 60 decibels.
Also, the capacity of the compressor can be affected by the airbrush style.
What kind of paint do you use for airbrush guns?
You can make acrylic paint for airbrush guns using water-based acrylic paint.
To clean your airbrush, use a small amount of mineral spirits or acetone. If you use mineral spirits, be sure to keep your airbrush away from open flames or heat.
Avoid using water-based acrylics for airbrush guns or airbrush sprays. Water will cause the acrylics to dry and crack. Instead, use water-based acrylics for airbrush paints and airbrush sprays.
What kind of airbrush is best?
– Iwata HP-CS. – Harder & Steenbeck Infinity CR Plus. Although costly, the Infinity CR Plus 2 in 1 is highly recommended. – Iwata Revolution CR. – Paasche H-SET. – Paasche TG-3F. – Badger Air-Brush Co 105 Patriot.
What is the difference between single action and double action airbrush?
A single-action airbrush has a single trigger. When the trigger is pulled back, it moves the needle back as well.
In a double-action airbrush, when the trigger is pulled back, it moves the needle back as well. The farther back the needle moves, the larger the space between the needle and nozzle.
However, a double-action airbrush is more expensive than a single-action airbrush.
Can you hook up an airbrush to a regular compressor?
Yes, you can hook up an airbrush to a regular compressor. That is possible by running a hose from the compressor to the airbrush, as long as the compressor has an outlet for the hose.
You may have to do a little experimentation to get it right, but once you do, it’s a simple process.
Can you airbrush gun with regular paint?
You can use almost any paint in your airbrush so long as the consistency is that of skim milk or thinner, and there aren’t large particles in the paint that could clog the airbrush. (Beware of metallics).
It is vital to clean out your airbrush immediately after use, and never allow paint to dry.
What is the most popular airbrush?
There are so many airbrushes available right now that it’s hard to choose the most popular one.
However, if you’re looking for a popular choice, Iwata is a beloved choice.
Iwata is a great choice partly because of its popularity and partly because of its quality.
Iwata is a well-known brand that’s known for its innovation and its quality.
Iwata is known for high-quality products.
What is the easiest airbrush to use?
Here are a few things to keep in mind when choosing an airbrush.
First, check to make sure that the brush’s aircap is compatible with your airbrush. This is an airtight cap, which fits over the airbrush and connects it to an air tank.
Second, it’s important to make sure that the airbrush is compatible with your airbrush kit.
In most cases, the manufacturer will make this clear, so if you’re unsure, you can also ask the airbrush expert at your local paint store.
Can I use a regular compressor with an airbrush?
Yep, absolutely works. As others have mentioned, the regulator on a shop compressor usually isn’t precise enough for airbrush work, so having an additional regulator leading into the airbrush for fine control is a good idea.
In addition, a compressor with an in-line heater is very helpful. The heater helps to keep the paint and air at the correct temperature. For airbrushes, the best way to go is to use an external air compressor with an in-line heater.
Which is better gravity feed or Syphon airbrush?
A gravity feed airbrush can work at low-pressure levels. This is beneficial when painting fine lines on models because the lower pressure translates to less overspray. Siphon feed airbrushes also have their advantages. The paint bottles in siphon feed airbrushes can hold significant amounts of paint.