When you need to replace a vehicle’s clock spring, it can be a bit tricky to do. Not only can it be a daunting task, but it’s also a job that isn’t always guaranteed to work.
That’s why it’s better to buy a new clock spring than to try and fix one that’s already failing.
When buying a clock spring, you’ll want to consider a few things. First, look for a brand name that’s well-known and trusted.
Secondly, make sure the watch is made with a good quality material, including durable metal, thick leather backing, and a heavy-duty spring.
Finally, be sure to check the airbag warning light and steering wheel buttons to ensure they’re working.
Finally, check the steering wheel or traction control warning light – if it’s flashing, that means you’ll need to replace the steering wheel.
With a few of these tips in mind, you’ll be sure to avoid a clock spring replacement disaster.
Our Top Picks
- Direct replacement
- Easy installation - no special tools required to install this exhaust hanger
- Durable materials - quality materials for a long service life
- Quality tested - has undergone testing to ensure proper fit
- Pakage: 2PCS Airbag Clock Spring Plug Air Bag Connector Clock spring Wire
- Condition: 100%Brand New ; Color: Black,Yellow
- Fiment: for Chrysler, for Dodge,for Jeep and so on ( About 795 Models)
- Black plug often fits older airbags (with one plug)
- 100% New and made with the highest quality components available, Stable characteristics, high reliability. Attention: the accurate way to judge the compatibility is your old clock spring part number, so please confirm the old part number match our list part number( do not judge it by your vehicle model and year)
- OEM part nomber: 843060E010, 84306-48030, 8430648030
- Fit: For Toyota Tundra/Tacoma/RAV4/Lexus/Scion
- Meets or exceeds OEM standards, 100% tested before shipping; Easy install, direct replacement
- MOST DURABLE TSA RECOGNIZED AND ACCEPTED LUGGAGE LOCK. Forge locks are designed from the ground up to be the toughest luggage locks around. Our special alloy lock bodies, tightly braided and sheathed steel cables, hardened steel cable lock ends as well as patented internal mechanisms can take such a pounding that we back our product up with an unconditional lifetime guarantee. If you can find a way to break these locks, we will gladly refund or replace them.
- PATENTED EASY TO SET 3 DIGIT COMBINATION. Our combination locks have an easy to use lever mechanism to set the combination. Never worry about accidentally changing your lock to the wrong combination or your combination being changed during rough handling.
- LOCALLY OWNED AND SUPPORTED. We offer a comprehensive warranty backed by American customer service. Forge is a small business based in Wyoming since 2015. We build first-rate, stylish luggage locks for your travel needs. Travel with quality, travel with Forge!
- ALWAYS RELOCKED, ALWAYS PROTECTED. Most TSA locks on the market do not need to be re-locked by a TSA agent after their inspection is completed. With our TSA luggage lock, the agent has to re-lock your suitcase to remove their key. With Forge you never worry about your suitcase locks being left open again.
- Compact, wireless handheld controller with LCD display, programmable with up to three user-defined presets
- Reduces installation time by up to 1 hour
- Free IOS and Android mobile app easily connects with the Bluetooth-enabled manifold
- Easy installation, installs direct to battery in around 1 hour
- Economically priced on board air compressor system
- Perfect for light or medium duty applications for air springs
- Includes compressor and gauge and wiring harness
- Low pressure sensor automatically activates compressor if pressure drops
- Standard-Duty Air Command System
- Single leveling system
- Includes 9523 Compressor
- Best for moderate usage, including towing boats, trailers 20ꞌ or smaller and medium loads
- Helps steering control and braking effectiveness
- Absorbs road shock and adjusts to varying loads for ideal ride conditions
- Softens contact between the axle and the frame to reduce bottoming out
- Capacity:4,800 lbs
- 🚩🚩【2022 New Version👍Same Functions as Autel MP808K/MS906】 : Autel MP808 2022 new added more OE-Level Functions👉Guided Functions 👉Component Matching👉Online Account Login Service 👉Power Balance 👉Flash Hidden Functions👉Actuator Test👉Tons of Actuator Test👉Key Programming ( All the function above is car-specific）.
- 🚩🚩【Real Bi-directional Control + ALL System Diagnosis】Autel MP808 automotive scanner can actuate solenoids and actuators for active testing, send commands to many systems/components to test their working status, without using the vehicle controls. and access to ALL vehicle systems and subsystems, covers Body, Chassis, Powertrain, Fuel system, Light system,and etc,.
- 🚩🚩【Best Hardware & 30+ Growing Reset Functions】✅Android 4.4.4 System✅ 7 inch touchscreen✅32GB SD Card(extent to 64GB)✅front &rear cameras✅Auto VIN✅One-Click Update,NO IP Limited! ✅generate/print/share Vehicle Health Report✅Remote Diagnosis✅Data Stream record and playback ✅Maintenance Help.✅ECU Coding,Key programming,ABS Bleed,SAS/TPMS/DPF/Reset and etc,.functions are all-round, reliable, powerful, running super fast, time-saving and cost-effective for a professional mechanics.
- 🚩🚩【Wider Vehicle Coverage for Repairing Shops & Diyers】Autel MP808 automotive scanner reads & erases codes, view live data, retrieve ECU version information.Full range car models and full car system diagnose make it a professional automotive diagnostic tool. ✅The full connector of MP808K is suitable for old models, MP808 give you more diversified choices and save you 100USD. If you need some connectors, you can contact our after-sales mailbox separately.
How do I fix my clock spring?
A broken clock is right twice a day.
If you have a clock that’s stopped working and you can’t fix it, you need to buy a new clock.
A clock spring can be found in most clock parts. When you’re replacing the clock spring, you don’t want to mix the old parts with the new.
When replacing the spring, you can either use a clock spring springer, or you can pull the clock off the wall and change the clock spring.
Can the clock spring make the airbag light come on?
Clock springs frequently fail on all makes and, as a result, cause the airbag light or SRS light to come on. Feb 10, 2020
If your car’s airbag light stays on, you’ll need to have your clock spring replaced. If this light is on and you’re not sure whether it’s the clock spring or the airbag, have your car’s airbag inspected.
You can also check the service manual or contact your local dealership to get an estimate on the cost of a new clock spring.
How do I check my clock spring?
If you notice a loud, grating sound, it is common to have a clock spring in your clock. To find the spring, remove the clock’s back cover and locate the spring. It may be a small screw.
Loosen the screw and gently pull on the spring. If the spring snaps and cracks, it is time to replace it.
What is the clock spring in an airbag?
An Air Bag Clock Spring is an assembly that contains a spirally wound flat ribbon to allow the steering wheel to be turned while maintaining a constant electrical connection to the driver airbag, horn and other electrical steering wheel mounted controls.
The purpose of the spring is to allow the steering wheel to be turned, while maintaining a constant electrical connection to the driver’s airbag, horn and other electrical steering wheel mounted controls.
If you have an airbag clock spring in your steering wheel, you can use your phone, computer or tablet to keep the time correct.
How do I know if my clock spring is bad?
If you drive a vehicle that’s at least 10 years old, the clock spring on the steering wheel may not be working correctly. If you notice that the steering wheel springs are rattling, that’s a sign of a bad clock spring. To find out if it’s bad, look for obvious signs of damage or wear.
Does the clockspring need to be replaced after airbag deployment?
Yes, the clockspring can need to be replaced after airbag deployment. (If your vehicle is equipped with airbag knee pads.) During the airbag deployment, the clockspring gets “pushed” into the airbag module. Over time, this could cause the module’s airbag circuitry to malfunction, causing the airbag to deploy prematurely. To keep your vehicle safe, you should replace the clockspring when you replace the airbag module.
What causes clock spring failure?
Clocksprings wear in time or become damaged during repairs to the steering column, or when removing a rack and pinion gear, gearbox, or coupling. If the steering wheel is allowed to spin freely, the clockspring’s connection may break, resulting in an open circuit and an illuminated airbag light. There are a number of simple ways to prevent this from happening.
First, make sure to remove the steering wheel from the column.
Second, wrap a strip of duct tape around the steering column as a temporary stop.
Do I need to replace clockspring?
The clock spring may need to be replaced if it is damaged during careless service to the steering system, and, in some cases, if the vehicle is in a crash and the driver’s airbag deploys.
If your clockspring is damaged and your vehicle isn’t in a crash, you probably don’t need to replace it. It’s a good idea to replace it in any case, though, to ensure your clock is ready to work after you get it installed.
Can a clockspring cause airbag light?
Yes. Clocksprings wear in time or become damaged during repairs to the steering column, or when removing a rack and pinion gear, gearbox, or coupling. If the steering wheel is allowed to spin freely, the clockspring’s connection may break, resulting in an open circuit and an illuminated airbag light.
This is why it’s important for you to follow the instructions carefully when installing a new clockspring, and if you have questions, get your steering column checked out.
Does the clock spring have to be replaced?
The clock spring may need to be replaced if it is damaged during careless service to the steering system. In some cases, the clock spring may also be damaged when the vehicle is in a crash and the driver’s airbag deploys.
The clock spring is a small, compressed wire that holds the clock mechanism in place, allowing the hands to rotate on the clock face. If the clock spring is damaged, you may see a crack on the face of the clock.
How do I reset my clock spring?
To reset your clock spring, just remove the back from the clock. You’ll need to remove the face or glass from the main body.
You may need to disconnect the pendulum from the clock’s pendulum shaft.
Once you remove the back of the clock, you’ll be able to adjust the clock spring by rotating the clock back into place.
After you’ve reset the clock spring, be sure to tighten it up properly.
How do I fix my airbag clockspring?
The problem lies with your airbags and the clips that hold them in place. This causes the airbag to not be properly inflated for the correct amount of time.
The first step in fixing your airbag clockspring is to find the correct part. The airbag clockspring assembly should be replaced.
The clips that hold the airbag on the seat are located on the floor of the vehicle. They also can be found on the seat’s head rest or steering wheel.
To fix the airbag clockspring, first remove the headrest or steering wheel.
Can you reuse a clock spring?
Yes, you can reuse a clock spring if you removed the clock spring correctly. In most car models, you need to make sure the steering wheel is in the middle when you remove it. You should also mark the position on the steering axle compared to the steering wheel.
If you want to reuse the clock spring, you’ll need to replace the steering wheel, which is a fairly straightforward repair.